Having received the cobble stones the day before I set about laying most of them temporarily on the grass on Thursday morning (13 th) whilst the weather was fine. I used about 220 of the 250 supplied but may fit in a few more before the serious work begins.
If you want to know exactly how many cobbles I used….. 1,2,3,4…..It was just to give me an idea of layout shapes I might go with but I rather like the one in the picture so it may remain as it is with just a few minor alterations. When I have decided on the shape I will start by digging around the perimeter before removing the cobbles from the lawn until I lay them permanently. The hard work starts by digging out the grass and laying a solid foundation on which to lay the cobbles. In fact I think the first part of the project will be where the heaviest work will be carried out. Something to look forward to as long as the weather holds. I’ll just have to wait and see. Once the cobbles are set in place it will be time to concentrate on filling in the new-formed bed and deciding what plants to put in it. It won’t just be plants going in but I will leave that for another post.