It is the first day of December and I’ve not long returned indoors after working in the garden for five and a half hours. I had intended driving to the DIY store to purchase a panel of plasterboard and then continue with the work in the small cellar store room but as the weather was reasonably warm with just a hint of drizzle now and then I decided instead to work outdoors. I was feeling much better after a couple of days coping with cystitis and a mild cold. I hadn’t been for a walk since Wednesday and it was now Saturday. I would resume my morning walks on Monday and allow myself a rest from it but resting completely isn’t my style! After breakfast my first job was to sweep up the leaves in the rear garden once again and probably for the last time until next year. That little job still took some time but I was warming up for the next job which would take much more time. A few days earlier we had finally received delivery of the pebbles with which to complete the lawn feature project I had started a couple of months ago. The guy dropped the pallet inside my garage as I had asked but the job was a further ten metres or more away so they had to be transported the rest of the way using a bucket or bin on a hand truck. That took many journeys back and forth before it was completed. First though, I had to remove all the temporary netting and building paraphernalia I had placed over the membrane screen to prevent the fox and squirrels from digging holes in it! Slowly I made my way around removing that and the fallen leaves then filling in with the pebbles……
The stepping stones through the feature look almost invisible in the first two pictures but assuredly they are still there and can be seen in the picture below if you look carefully.
So that ended my work for the day and the week. Hopefully I would be able to resume with my indoor project on Monday, the first job would be to trace the source of the wet room floor leak.